In the modern lifestyle, maintaining healthy blood pressure is very important. The health issues increase if you have higher blood pressure. Most of the body’s essential organs, like the brain and heart, receive nutrients and oxygen via blood flow.
When a heart beats, it pushes the blood through blood vessels allowing it to flow through your body to all your essential organs. The blood vessels adjust and become narrower or wide to build a healthy blood pressure level.
What are Blood pressure and hypertension?
An average/normal blood pressure is 120/80 mmHg, and it can rise or go a bit down. The blood pressure fluctuates throughout the day, which can be due to exercise, diet, stress etc. However, when the blood pressure stays high for too long, it can lead to extra strain on your arteries and heart.
A person suffers from hypertension when the blood pressure is 140/90 mmHg or higher. Prehypertension is the condition when the blood pressure fluctuates between normal ranges and higher ranges, and it very important to treat it as soon as possible to prevent the disease from going on to the next level.
Why managing high blood pressure is important?
Improving the heart condition
Blood pressure increases the chances of death from heart disease. Hardened arteries and hypertension are interconnected, and the vicious cycle should be broken. Making small changes in the lifestyle goes a long way in being healthy.
Think about what causes stress like work, family, finances, relations etc. Then, try to remove the stress factors. Start by planning simple things and focus on the key priorities. Try to avoid the stress triggers, be it people or situations.
Decrease chances of heart attack
A stroke occurs when a specific brain area fails to receive enough blood. As a result, the oxygen level goes down, and due to hypertension, the arteries are damaged. It leads to increased chances of stroke.
Allot time to enjoy and do activities which make you feel happy. Express gratitude as much as you can. It will have a calming effect on the mind, body, and soul.
Protect the kidney
The fragile filtering system of the kidney can be affected by bloopressure. Over some time, it can get permanent and decrease the efficiency of a kidney. The condition can lead to chronic kidney disease and might require costly dialysis or kidney transplants.
Better life quality
Most deaths in modern times are due to hypertension, so keeping it controlled is essential. Those who own a check are 25 per cent less likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease.
Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day and try to be active. Use the staircase instead of the lift. Monitor the pressure regularly. Check this tool: essay typer
Saves health expenses
Early investments in health will save a lot in the future. Keeping the pressure under control helps in reducing the amount of time and costs spent in the hospital. It is not possible to completely change the diet all at once; gradually change how you eat. Make healthier eating choices every day. Go for food low in salt and fat. Put more od fruits and vegetables in the diet.
Caffeine is known to raise pressure to 10mm Hg in people who barely consume it. Those who are regular with coffee consumption will have a more negligible effect on their blood pressure. The long-term effects of caffeine on pressure are still not clear.
The effects of high blood pressure:
- The arteries become thicker. In this condition the space between the blood to flow through gets more narrow. This, in turn, leads to easier clogging and the situation worsens if it is not treated well.
- The clog eventually leads to a block, which can cause a stroke or heart attack. Therefore, maintaining healthy blood pressure is essential through a good diet and exercise. Know more about myassignmenthelp
The reasons behind the increased high blood pressure are listed below:
- In addition, a Family history of hypertension raises the chances of developing.
- The high sodium (salt) and not enough potassium in the diet regime can cause hypertension. Try to consume food that is lower in fat and includes many fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- Age can also be a factor as blood pressure tends to increase with age
- Excessive alcohol intake can cause hypertension.
- Overweight people have more chances of getting hypertension.
- A sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity can cause of blood pressure.
- Smoking increases the chances of developing hypertension. It also depends on the gender, and men can develop hypertension before the age of 55 and women after the age of 55.
- Stress is an inducer of hypertension, so learn to relax and manage stress well. Use good techniques like exercising, listening to music, and meditation.
For every individual, the blood pressure must be within normal limits. Discuss with the doctor if the blood pressure is high. A change in diet and daily exercise can bring about positive effects. Cut down on smoking cigarettes and consuming alcohol.
Home monitoring of blood pressure will help keep a tab so that regular lifestyle changes can be made. In the future, the doctor can also be quickly informed of the potential lifestyle changes that need to be looked into.
A supportive circle of family and friends will motivate you to improve your health. In addition, there are support groups that provide people with emotional and morale boosts to cope with different life situations and conditions.
Every lifestyle disease can be under control if you take good care and follow a good exercise regime.
Author bio: Tao Davin is a research associate at the University of Perth. He is also associated with my assignment help.com and mentors students pursuing different subjects. He is also associated with an NGO where he helps underprivileged women to get better in self-employment.
Read More: How to Create Vertical Text in Google Docs
Hi, I am James Aaron, a professional Data recovery Engineer, working with Quickbooks Data Services as a consultant from the past five years in the USA. I am a specialized and trained Cloud consultant who helps small and medium-sized entrepreneurs. QuickBooks Closes Unexpectedly | QuickBooks Error H202 | QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error | QuickBooks Error 1712 | This Company File Needs to be updated | QuickBooks Restore Failed | QuickBooks Email not working | QuickBooks 2020 end of support